Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Month 1, Day 9

Fatigue.

For the most part, I'm been fine.  But I've been noticing this low-grade fatigue over the last week.  I don't think it has anything to do with being lazy, sick or overworked.  I think it has to do with INH.

It's not exhausting me or making me keel over at the end of the day into a pile of bones.  It's just a feeling of lethargy.  Like I need to push a little harder to make things happen.  I need to psych myself up more to do active things. After last week's experience with the Lactic Acid, I realize that I don't want to have another episode of that.  What would be ideal is daily exercise to avoid anything dramatic.  But of course, that is difficult for me, since I'm out of shape.

So, work into it, they say...and so I must.  And most likely, the daily exercise will give me more energy!

On a different note, someone told me today that I look really healthy! I guess going from zero pills daily to 8 pills, better diet, lots of water and better nutrition daily says something, even if one of those pills are INH.  I think that when the body is clean, it makes it much, much simpler to process out toxins in the body.

Last night I made a Blueberry Banana Bread (Awesome Source) because I wanted something yummy.  It was absolutely delicious:

3 large over-ripe bananas
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/3 cup (80 ml) vanilla soymilk (or apple sauce)
1/2 cup (120 ml) agave nectar
2 cups (240 g) white whole wheat flour (or regular whole wheat flour) (Note: I used Brown Rice Flour instead of whole wheat to avoid gluten. 
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (240 ml) blueberries

Preheat oven to 350F. Spray or wipe a 9x5-inch loaf pan with oil (I used a silicon loaf pan).

Mix the soymilk with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice and let stand until it curdles. (If using apple sauce, skip this step and add the lemon juice to the bananas.)
In a large bowl, mash the bananas and add the remaining lemon juice, soymilk, and agave nectar. Stir well to combine. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture, and stir just until the mixture is well-combined. Fold in the blueberries.
Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan and bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50-60 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting and serving.
Servings: 12

No comments:

Post a Comment