Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Month 1 - Day 3

Felt very dry this morning...woke up and knew I needed water.

Once upon a time I used to start the morning with 32 oz of water. The purpose was not only to hydrate but to flush the kidneys of water soluble toxins and also flush the intestinal tract. I think I'll start this up again. The body is practically a bag of water, and needs to be changed just like a fishbowl. If you don't get enough water, those water soluble toxins just tend to hang out in the body. The new rule of thumb for water is half your body weight in water each day. I weigh around 130 (hoping that goes down!). So I should be drinking about 65 oz of water each day.

Drinking 32oz of water before doing anything else can be difficult the first couple of days. But it makes sense to get half my water consumption out of the way and provide a fresh start for my body each morning.

Today my diet is:
B- Medley of rolled oats, roasted almonds, banana, figs and coconut milk
S-Rice cake and 2 cuties
L- Rice, steamed kale, olives, tomatoes and a brown rice tortilla
S-Banana chips
D-Butternut squash soup, Salad, Chocolate bark (coconut oil, maple syrup, cocoa powder, almonds)

Took pill before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment