Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Month 1, Day 10

Goji Berry Heaven!  I am addicted to Goji Berries, or wolfberries, or whatever you want to call them.  I don't care if they are the latest craze, or fad, but I love 'em!  I bought some from my next door neighbor who sells Young Living, but think I may go through this place and buy 9 pounds!  My favorite drink of the week:

Darcy's Goji Berry Tea
Handful Goji Berries (good handful)
Hot water
1/2 lemon
1/2 packet Stevia

YUM!

Goji Berries are actually great for the liver.  There's a ton of marketing hype out there, and several unsubstantiated claims, but I think the biggest evidence is how it makes me feel.  Whatever the claims, studies or hype, I've noticed that I actually have more clarity, and feel warmer.  I sometimes have a slight flush which could be from the large amounts of Niacin in the berries.  The berries are a great snack too, and I have no problem eating a handful to satisfy the munchies.

Speaking of Niacin or B3 - INH depletes levels of Niacin in the body.  I'll go more into this tomorrow!

Last night I worked out on the elliptical at the gym.  I spent about 30 minutes cranking and realized, again, how out of shape I was.  However, this morning I'm not really musclesore...I was concerned that I'd have a repeat of my lactic acid fest from a few days ago, not other than some arthritic symptoms, I'm fine.

For breakfast this morning I munched on some of my bluberry-banana loaf, which is incredibly filling and some pinion nuts.  Hopefully this will tide me over to lunch - I have green beans, potatoes and chickpeas in a cauliflower sauce - a little bland but still delicious!

I noticed last night that the pill is becoming a habit to take before bed.  I almost (but not quite) didn't have to think about grabbing it.  My steps just led me to the counter to take my pill.

No comments:

Post a Comment