Tuesday, April 13, 2010

No Vitamins but Tingling Fingers (Month 2, Day 42)

I have decided to drop my dear six-a-day vitamin for a week or so.  In fact, I've decided to drop practically everything I'm taking and start from scratch.  My last day taking vitamins was Friday (albeit not consciously)...today's Monday.  And can I tell you something - I think my hands might be feeling a tad better!  I figure, I started with my multi around the same time as INH - eliminate the possibilities.  Who knows, maybe something in my multi is adversely affecting me, or interacting with INH, OR creating a massive amount of histamines, OR just plain funky.

I am getting some tingling of the fingers...but I know how to solve that - just add back in the B6.  It's not really an intense tingling.  What really happens is a kind of electric shock that occurs right on the end of my soft pad on maybe one or two fingers.  It lasts less than a minute and while it doesn't hurt, it is uncomfortable, and a new sensation.  Imagine sticking your tongue on the end of a 9Volt battery - now transfer that feeling to your finger...

I'm not sure when I want to start back on them or on the B6.  I think for now I want to just see what happens then slowly start adding things back in.

Course, last night I also took a pain reliever for cramps (started my cycle) so I could try to sleep through the night.  Seemed to work marvelously and it's possible that what I'm experiencing is a remnant of that.  I took a sample of something I got from Sunflower Market -IbuActin by Solaray.  Ingredients include: White Willow (Similar to Aspirin but doesn't irritate the stomach lining) and turmeric.

Was slightly worried because I hadn't read anything about Aspirin, just Tylenol and Ibuprofin.  After scouring the web for at least 15 minutes, I finally found this: "Salicylate has previously been shown to reduce the susceptibility of Mycobacterium tuberculosis to several drugs in vitro. In this study, aspirin, a salicylate anti-inflammatory, antagonized isoniazid treatment of murine pulmonary tuberculosis, whereas the nonsalicylate ibuprofen did not."

Of course, I didn't actually take aspirin, I took the natural form of Willow Bark.  Since there is a distinct lack of evidence on this, I see no reason to NOT take it...Not like I'll be taking it every day for 9 months or something...

Diet:
Water
1 slice manna, bowl of granola with almond milk
Apple
Rice and Cauliflower Dal (leftovers)
Gojiberries snack
Chips and apples salsa
Cabbage Salad (Toasted hazelnuts, shredded cabbage, dressing)
Figs
INH pill
1 ibuprofin

Picture: Aspirin

No comments:

Post a Comment