Thursday, April 8, 2010

99 Bottles of Beer and INH (Month 2, Day 39)

Here - I altered the song so it's even more cheesy...

"INH bottles and beer on the wall
INH bottles and beer,
Take the INH down
Pass it around
Leave the bottles of beer on the wall"

OK, not a great do, what can I say...

Staff meeting at work today and beer.  The cart was piled high with some of my faves and I practically had to slam the door in my face to stop from pulling out a bottle of Fat Tire, stroking the label, running my fingers over the sensual curves and popping the lid.

Not that I feel like I "need" a drink.  I think on some level it's the pure taste.  Yum... And on some sick, demented level, it's the sheer denial of it all.  It's kind of like dieting for weight loss.  I must deny myself that chocolate so when I get home at night, I'll eat an entire bag of Hershey's kisses.

Not to mention the social qualities...  Who wants to hang with a bunch of people who all are eating bratwursts, sauerkraut and beer?  And who are all having FUN??  Well, I have to leave early to pick up my boy from school, so problem solved!

Besides, I remain firm in my commitment to abstain for alcohol as I can. (See my post on Alcohol and INH) That doesn't mean that every once in a while I won't partake in a drink.  But unless I feel that it would be extremely rude to abstain in a situation (The President invites me to the White House to share a rare bottle of Pinot), the desire gets the best of me (Dying of thirst in the desert and all that I can find is a cold, frosty beer), or I'm taking a medicine with alcohol (Suddenly feel a cough coming on), I think I'll keep my hands to myself!

My Diet Today:
Breakfast: Breakfast Burritos (Blue potatoes, fennel, cilantro and apple salsa in a brown rice tortilla) and Smoothie (Canteloupe, goji berries, frozen peaches, orange juice, apricots)
Lunch: Rice with Cauliflower Dal
Vitamins
Snack: Gojis and Tea
Dinner: Quinoa, peppers, cilantro, ginger, apple salsa and blacberries
99 bottles of beer and a pill

1 comment:

  1. Hi Darcy,
    I finally got to see a picture of your beautiful boy. My daughter is 4 and just as cute. I look forward to following your blog. Anyway I can stay in touch with such an awesome person. Though I am sorry you are dealing with this sickness. I hope all is going well with you. I miss you so much. love always, Crista

    ReplyDelete