Monday, April 19, 2010

Lavender Mead Makes Me Feel Fine (Month 2, Day 50)

Over the weekend I had the rare opportunity to sample some Lavender Mead.  Actually, the tenant renting my house, now about to move out, laid out a spread of three different Meads for me to try when I arrived.  All made by him, and all very delectable.  Lavender, Orange Blossom, and one other I can't remember.  So I sipped, then licked the glass and quietly slipped the rest of the full bottle behind my back and tried to leave.  But they saw me, darn them!

Funny how simple it was to drink.  No, I didn't feel any kind of reaction, like my liver failing.  I felt great.  Pure and simple.

The problem is, he gave me a 1/2 bottle of the lavender mead, so now I have this scrumptious stuff in my house...I walk around salivating all evening trying to keep my bulging eyes in place.

I figure I'll give myself another week and then try another glass.

The Histamine diet.  I think I may be ready to add back in a few things.  My left hand still feels quite achy and the pinky and ring fingers are sore. While the anti-histamine diet may have saved me some seasonal allergies, I don't think it was the be all, end all for the arthritis.  The hunt continues for that.

I have been suffering from some headaches lately.  I'm not sure if they are allergy related or INH related.  They come on kind of like an ice cream headache, and last about as long.  Trouble is, I haven't had ice cream when I get them.   They've been happening for about 4 days, so I'm going to keep an eye on them, or at least a brain.

6 comments:

  1. Just discovered this blog when I was trying to figure out what happened to SBRs. Will add you to my prayers.

    Blessings,
    David
    "Silver Maple"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darcy!
    Just stumbled upon your blog and really enjoyed reading it! Thank you for writing your experiences. How are you doing with INH?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Darcy: I appreciate your journey with the INH pill. I am going on a month and 4 days. It has been extremely difficult to stay on track. Especially the drinking and the cheese! However, I got my lab work back for my liver; it was rated at 61, just one point over normal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm concerned this blog ends so abruptly. Did you just lose interest? Are you ok? I'm a few weeks into INH for latent TB and was enjoying the camraderie. Hope you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All - thank you for your comments! I've started logging again (promise) and will catch you up on my journey over the past few months.

    I'd also love to hear about yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really great information found here, I really like your blog. Thanks very much for the share. Keep posting.
    Affordable Stem Cell Therapy in Chicago

    ReplyDelete