Monday, April 5, 2010

Allergy Season! (Month 2, Day 36)

It's that time again - springtime in New Mexico, when the pinion trees sweat pollen and the rabbitbrush throws the stuff out like a sneeze. Any building you go into, you'll see signs of the season - runny noses, red eyes, coughing, headaches.

But not me -aside from a slight runny nose, I have no allergy symptoms, which is actually really surprising!  The only thing that I can really say is different from this year and last is diet and supplementation.  Obviously, the INH is a new ingredient.

The diet is the big one though - the histamine-free diet. I can control the exposure coming in through my mouth, which means a lower dose of histamines in the body.  Granted, I can't eliminate all histamines, but my diet is pretty darn clean. (See the Histamine Page for more info on Histamines)

I'm on the first week still of my Histamine-free diet.  Unfortunately, my hands are just as bad as ever, even if my allergies are mild.  Does that mean that the arthritic symptoms in my hands are no relation to histamines?  Possibly, although everything I've read says it takes at least 2-3 weeks to lower histamine levels in the body.

Again, no idea how it all works.  All I know is that I feel relatively good for all the yellow stuff in the air, and I plan on staying on the diet for another 2 weeks.  It's not as bad as it sounds!

Today's Diet:
32oz water
Breakfast: 2 slices Manna bread with homemade cashew butter
3 vitamins
Chai tea with Stevia and coconut cream
Lunch: Pea soup and vitamins
Snack: 3 rice cakes
Home snack: Corn chips and apple salsa
Dinner: Steamed cauliflower, romaine salad with rice cheese shred, sunflower sprouts, hemp seed and goddess dressing
Dessert: Applesauce
Pre-bed: Pollen and the Pill

Picture source

No comments:

Post a Comment