Sunday, October 24, 2010

Ibuprofin - Going Hardcore

Funny, how when you slide a little, it just keeps snowballing.  For me, I could live in a land of "if only's".  If only I hadn't let my no-histamine diet slide.  If only I hadn't drank that glass of wine which caused my hands to ache even more.  If only I'd kept on track I still be feeling great (I like to think).

Who really knows how that would have turned out.  But, dealing with the hear and now is the most important.  And right now, I'm operating this body at substandard levels.  As I've said in earlier posts, my hands ache, my body feels like it has grit between the bones, I'm tired much of the time and I'm suffering from allergies that have made their home base in my sinuses.

Yesterday, I awoke to a sore throat which developed into a headache.  I took some Ibu-Actin, looking for a quick fix, at a bowl of home-made applesauce and an English muffin, took my vitamins and went out into the big world.

As soon as I did, it seemed like the headache got worse - not completely a migraine, but something akin to having a pressure hose shot inside the skull.  I felt nauseous too. When I think about what I put into my belly - Ibu-Actin and Vitamins - with a very light breakfast, I can see why the nausea.

But, since I was trying to clean a rental house and get it ready for my new tenant quickly, I looked again for the quick fix.  I took two Ibuprofens.  AND, I ate green chile stew.  Ah, a slice of heaven - after 20 minutes I was actually smiling and giving orders again.  My usual self.

I've veered away from Ibuprofens, or any commercial pain reliever, simply because of the unknown quantity.  How do I know that I'm not putting undue strain on my liver with these drugs?  The warning when beginning INH was for Acetaminophen (Tylenol) due to the fact it's very hard on the liver.  The others...who knows?

I'll tell you this, it worked like magic, my quick fix.  I can see why people get hooked on quick fixes instead of doing the actual work of diet and exercise.  Who likes to work?

Ibu-Actin might have been good when I was not weighted with INH, histamines and arthritis, but now it just doesn't have the same kick.  I've had to go hardcore.

No comments:

Post a Comment