Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter! (Month 2, Day 35)

It's Easter!  AND SUNNY!

Perfect day for hiding 44 eggs in the front and back yard (and to find them all!).  My boy, although he got at least 5 pounds of candy is so good - he asks before shoving into his mouth.  So he's only had maybe 6 small chocolates. 

Yesterday's diet was horrendous!  Well, not so much in that I went off and ate a bunch of stuff that might trigger histamines, but more in that I just wanted to eat everything in site!

Add to that a brand, spankin' new Vitamix!  We made Cashew Butter, Strawberry Ice, Applesauce, Apple Salsa and Pea Soup for dinner.  I'm incredibly excited about the Apple Salsa because I usually live on salsa and it's extremely hard for me without it.  While this isn't quite the same, it at least satisfies a craving. 

Crunchy Apple Salsa:
 1/4 cup white wine (I used 1/4 cup white wine vinegar)
1 small onion
1/2 line, half with peel
2 Granny Smith apples, quartered (I used Braeburns that were covered in small bruises)
1/2 jalapeno pepper seeds and membranes removed (I used green chiles, about 1/2 cup)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

1. Place all ingredients into Vitamix in order listed
2. Select Variable 1
Turn machine on and increase speed to 4
Blend for 15 to 20 seconds using the tamper.

***I think you could do this just fine in a food processor or even by hand! 

My Diet today:
Pre Breakfast - 32 oz water and an egg hunt
Forgot acidophilis
Breakfast: Honeydew melon, sliced, fried potatoes with apple salsa.
Forgot vitamins - will take with lunch
Got Vitamin Sun for 15 minutes
Lunch: Homemade mac and cheese. (Brown rice pasta, soy cheese with just a touch of real).
Snack - some chips and apple salsa

Dinner: Grilled Artichokes, Rice with Goddess Dressing, Boiled Beet Greens, Salad.
Dessert: 1 Dark chocolate (no milk)
Some applesauce
Easter egg in the form of an INH pill.

Potential Trigger:
Cheese (milk and soy)
 Beet greens...?
Chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment